Saturday, July 18, 2009

Baby Shower Cake

This has been my favorite cake to make so far. There is something about welcoming a baby in to the world that made everything cute and sweet and I couldn't help oohing and ahhing! My friend and her husband are having a baby girl in a few weeks and naming her Robyn. I couldn't resist using her name as a theme, so I made Robyn asleep in a Robyn's nest complete with eggs.
The cake was white with lemon creme frosting and strawberry preserves. It was yum!!
The hostess' husband actually asked if it was edible, he couldn't believe it was. I have to admit I was a little sad when it was time to cut the cake!


Everything was edible. My friend is freezing the top layer until Robyn comes, and then they can celebrate as a family!





1 comment:

  1. Really Callie that is TOO AMAZING! I want a babyshower just to have the cake.

    ReplyDelete