Saturday, July 25, 2009

Super Hero Cake







I have to admit, I was a little hesitant to take on this project....having 2 girls and a 2 year old boy, we aren't very knowledgable on the subject of Super hero's in our home...yet! I am sure that will change in a couple years though!

This was an "emergency" birthday cake. A lady had ordered her son's bday cake from a bakery, and when she went to pick up her son's birthday cake they had lost her invoice, and had no cake for her! I had less than 24 hours to make it for her, but was happy to help! It was a big cake to "rush" though!

I did my research thanks to Google, and learned all I could about Spiderman, Batman, and Iron Man....with the result being a cake with the theme of all three Super Hero's working together to save the universe! It was a challenge layering the cake with a heavy Spiderman on top, and the one thing I would change would have been to make him smaller, and add inner supports. The weight of Spiderman caused some settling over night, and the cake ended up slightly lopsided. To top it off we had to drive an hour to deliver it, so the delivered product was less than perfect, but the birthday boy was thrilled with it, and mom seemed pleased too. Next time I make a big cake, I will be sure to add supports!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment