Friday, July 31, 2009

Range Rover Cake





This was a doozy!! I had a request from a party planning business to create a 3D Range Rover cake for a girls 16th birthday party. The clients had given their daughter a Range Rover for her birthday, and wanted the cake to go along with the gift! Yikes! The big obstacle was that a) I had never done anything like this before, and b) I had less than 48 hours to do it!! It took me 2 full days and in to the night to finish the cake. When I delivered it to their house I was dismayed to find that the back had slipped off the cake during transport! I worked some magic and performed surgery on the cake before the clients saw it! Phew! It wasn't perfect, but the clients loved it, and the daughter said it was "SO TIGHT!!" (That's good, right?) The cake was red velvet with buttercream frosting, and fed over 100. It was much bigger in real life!

No comments:

Post a Comment