Monday, September 21, 2009

Super Mario Cake

I have to say, when I was a teenager I spent HOURS playing Super Mario, so when I was asked to do this cake, I was EXCITED! It was a very fun cake to design, and make. The mom of the little boy bought the figurines, and wanted me to incorporate them on to the cake. I wanted it to look like the video game itself. I had the theme song going through my head the entire time...
The cake was chocolate with chocolate buttercream on the bottom layer, and white cake with strawberry preserves and lemon buttercreme on the top.










"The cake was phenomenal!! Not only did it look amazing, the flavors of the cake and icing were incredible!! The details of the first Super Mario video game were brilliantly incorporated into the cake...it was such a beautiful work of art! All of the guests as well as the staff from iT'Z were in awe of your cake! Everyone said they have never seen a cake like that before...one that was decorated fantastically and equally delicious! Your work exceeded my expectations...Thank you soooo much for designing the perfect cake for my son's birthday! We will definitely recommend you to our friends! Thank you again!" - Ashlee W.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I LOVE this cake! I want it! I just wanted to post this site on here for you, I think it's hilarious: http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com
    It's all about a bunch of cakes that people make, but make them wrong. The results are funny, and no offense made to anyone.
    - Sarah Deardeuff.

    ReplyDelete