Monday, June 22, 2009

Rainbow cake

I made these for my friends 4 year old little girl. She wanted rainbow cupcakes for her birthday, but I also surprised her with her own rainbow cake to go with the cupcakes. She said "it's just what I always wanted!" So sweet! Her favorite colors are orange and purple, so I made those the base colors for the cupcakes. The rainbows and stars were painted with edible glitter for a subtle sparkle effect. Adding "pop art" to the top of a cake adds interest, dimension, and FUN! Using stars and other cut-outs are a great way to hide imperfections in the fondant as well! Birthday boy cake!




Birthday girl cake!












3 comments:

  1. You are going to be a busy lady. I just wish we were closer so I could give you my business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad it's not called the arizona cakebox... shucks! So cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cake was horrible for my wedding. One of my anniversary I will fly you down and you can make my cake for me. You are amazing. Good luck with your next adventure!

    ReplyDelete